Duration: 12 hours
Certificate: valid for 3 years.
Emergency Paediatric First Aid (EPFA) is a 1-day course. Certificate is valid for 3 years.
This is the minimum course required for those working as Nannies and Au Pairs.
Paediatric First Aid (PFA) is a 2-day course. Certificate is valid for 3 years.
This course is required for those working in schools and nurseries or as a childminder.
Paediatric First Aid (PFA):
of this course is the EPFA above.
: In addition to the topics above, this course covers
- Scene Safety Assessment Universal Precautions
- Communicable Disease Protection and barrier use
- Primary Assessment
- Obstructed Airway Management (Adult and Infant)
- Rescue Breathing (child and infant) Cardiopulmonary
- Resuscitation (CPR) (child and infant)
- Serious Bleeding
- AED Use
- Management of Shock
- Management of Spinal Injury
- Illness Assessment
- Respiratory Problems
- Allergic Reactions
- Diabetic Emergencies
- Febrile Convulsions
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Head Injuries
- Scenario Practice
- Eye Injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Heat Exposure
- Exposure to Cold
Please phone or email for more details.