Duration: 3 days
Certificate: valid for 3 years.
Day 1 (Unit 1): Emergency First Aid in the Workplace.
See course description for EFAW.
Day 2 and 3 (Unit 2): Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace
Some of the topics covered in Unit 2 are
- Identify the information to be collected when gathering a casualty history
- head to toe survey
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
- A support sling, an elevated sling
- Head injury
- Spinal injury
- Flail chest
- Penetrating chest injury
- Burns and scalds (dry heat, wet heat, electricity, chemicals)
- eye injuries involving dust, chemicals, embedded objects.
- sudden poisoning
- major illness
- Heart attack
- Epileptic seizure
- Asthma attack
- Diabetic emergency